The ISTS Gemstone Project (IGP) will be held as one of the events of 32nd ISTS (International Symposium on Space Technology and Science). This project takes over the know-how which was cultivated in Y-ISEF held in March 2018. IGP is designed to grow human resources among the next generations.
The participants will be divided into teams with about eight members, and then will take part in ideathon on "New activities on the Moon". At the end of the event, teams will give a presentation about their ideas in ISTS plenary and poster sessions and be given comments from space engineering professionals. The best team will receive an award in the welcome party held on June 17th, 2019.
Agenda"Proposals for new activities on the Moon"
- What do you want to do on the Moon?
–Clarify what you would like to do on the Moon.
- Why do you want to do that?
–Present the reason why you would like to do it. Especially, show the value and the meaning from an economical perspective and technological one.
- How will you realize that?
–Explain the problems needed to be overcome. (You do not have to show specific solutions.)
- When will you realize that?
–Explain milestones (what will need to be done by when) to achieve the final goal.
Dates and places
|December 13, 2018 (Thu.)
- January 31, 2019 (Mon.)
|End of February, 2019||Notification of selection results|
|March 1, 2019 (Fri.)||Start of team activity|
|March 1, 2019 (Fri.)
- June 15, 2019 (Sat.)
|Preparation for ISTS with team members. Online preparation proceeds.
Recommended schedule is...March through May: Brainstorming, investigation and discussion of ideas Early in June: preparation of presentation and poster documents
|June 15, 2019 (Sat.)||Get-together near Fukui station at 6 p.m.
Detailed date and place will be announced as soon as fixed.
|June 16, 2019 (Sun.)||Workshop near ISTS venue, Fukui
9 a.m. - 10 a.m.：practice for poster presentation
10 a.m. - 12 a.m.：practice for oral presentation
12 a.m. - 1 p.m.：lunch break (meals will be provided)
1 p.m. - 6 p.m.：practice for oral presentation
6 p.m.: dissolution
|June 17, 2019 (Mon.)||1. Presentation at ISTS plenary session at ISTS venue, Fukui from the afternoon
2. The awards ceremony at welcome party at ISTS venue at night
|June 19 (planned), 2019 (Wed.）||ISTS poster session at ISTS venue, Fukui at evening|
- Young professionals and students, age 15 to 35 (from high schools, universities, companies, research institutes, or public facilities, private business).
- The maximum number of participants is about 40. The secretarial office will select the participants and organize teams.
- Conversational fluency in English (English is used throughout the events, including group activities, workshop and presentation).
- Mandatory attendance on June 15th, 16th and 17th.
- Participation on June 19th (planned) is optional.
- All academic backgrounds, interest or specialists are accepted.
- All nationalities and countries of residence are accepted.
- Travel and meal costs and accommodation fee are at own expenses.
- Participation fee is free if you will participate in IGP only. If you will also participate in the ISTS session (except for poster session), you must pay the participation fee for ISTS in extra.
December 13th, 2018 through January 31st, 2019
Please contact us (email@example.com) for more information on IGP.